The St James Murder Case
- Represented one of the accused person who was initially charged with murder;
- The charges were subsequently reduced to voluntarily causing grievous hurt;
- Successfully secured a sentence of 5 ½ years imprisonment for the accused person.
Criminal Breach Of Trust By A Teacher
- Represented a teacher who was charged with Criminal Breach of Trust as a Servant;
- Due to the amount involved, the benchmark sentence would have been in the range of 10 – 12 months;
- After substantial representations and submissions during the sentencing hearing, the sentence was reduced to 7 months imprisonment
- Defended a consultant in civil proceedings brought in the High Court by the Plaintiff which was a foreign company;
- The claim against the Defendant included fraud and conspiracy and the losses claimed by the company involved over hundreds of thousands of dollars;
- The claim was brought by a rogue foreign company that was impecunious. Successfully obtained an order for Security for Costs against the Plaintiffs and finally got the claim struck out.
- Assisted in a case involving two owners of a property. Represented the Plaintiff who had contributed more than 95% of the purchase price of the HDB flat. The second owner had contributed less than 5% of the purchase price and several years later tried to claim for an almost equal share of the flat;
- Applied to the High Court for an order for the sale of the flat with the sale proceeds to be divided in the proportion of 95% in favour of our client.
- The Court decided in favour of the Plaintiffs
- Acted for clients involved in a cross-border dispute involving the building of oil-rig components. The total contract price was in the range of US$100 million and the amount in dispute was in the range of approximately US$40 million. The case involved complex issues including unlawful means conspiracy between co-defendants.
- Advised foreign clients on cross border issues such as enforcing of foreign judgments in Singapore as well as the taking of evidence in Singapore to assist in foreign proceedings;
- Advised local corporate clients involved in commercial acquisitions by foreign entities.